CNRI LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
BY CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" LINK WHERE INDICATED, OR BY COPYING,
INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE DEEMED TO
HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- This LICENSE AGREEMENT is between the Corporation for National Research
Initiatives, having an office at 1895 Preston White Drive, Reston, VA 20191 ("CNRI"),
and the Individual or Organization ("Licensee") accessing and using the Oedipus
software in source or binary form and its associated documentation as provided
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, CNRI hereby grants
a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, world-wide license to reproduce,
test, perform and/or display publicly, prepare derivative works, distribute, and otherwise
use the Software alone or in any derivative version, solely for educational, research and
experimental purposes, provided, however, that CNRI's License Agreement and
CNRI's notice of copyright, i.e., "Copyright © 2000 Corporation for National
Research Initiatives; All Rights reserved" are both retained in the Software, alone or
in any derivative version prepared by Licensee.
- In the event Licensee prepares a derivative work that is based on or incorporates the
Software or any part thereof, and wants to make the derivative work available to the
as provided herein, then Licensee hereby agrees to indicate in any such work, in a
prominently visible way, the nature of the modifications made to CNRI's Software.
- Licensee may not use CNRI trademarks or trade name, including MEMS Exchange, in a
trademark sense to endorse or promote products or services of Licensee, or any
- CNRI is making the Software available to Licensee on an "AS IS" basis. CNRI
NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BY WAY
EXAMPLE, BUT NOT LIMITATION, CNRI MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ANY
REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL
INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
- CNRI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER USERS OF THE
SOFTWARE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
OR LOSS AS A RESULT OF USING, MODIFYING OR DISTRIBUTING THE
SOFTWARE, OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY THEREOF. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY
- This License Agreement may be terminated by CNRI (i) immediately upon written
from CNRI of any material breach by the Licensee, if the nature of the breach is such
it cannot be promptly remedied; or (ii) sixty (60) days following notice from CNRI to
Licensee of a material remediable breach, if Licensee has not remedied such breach
that sixty-day period.
- This License Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in all respects by the law
State of Virginia, excluding conflict of law provisions. Nothing in this License
shall be deemed to create any relationship of agency, partnership, or joint venture
CNRI and Licensee.
- By clicking on the "ACCEPT" button where indicated, or by copying, installing or
using the software, Licensee agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this